The Traveler's Have Been Chosen!
8th Grade Cape Cod Trip 2023
The Board of Education and Long Branch Middle School will continue the tradition of our 8th grade “Cape Cod” class trip to Boston & Cape Cod, Massachusetts, and Mystic, Connecticut on May 23rd-25th, 2023. This trip is open to all 8th graders. However, there is only space for 45 students. The following package is being offered to you if you wish for your child to participate.
Requirements for students to travel:
· Student travelers are required to maintain grades of a C or better in ALL (including electives and physical education) classes starting from acceptance on the trip (October) until departure. If a student receives a grade below a C at the end of any marking period (on report card) the student will be removed from the trip.
Students cannot have any behavioral referrals. If a student does get a behavioral referral that leads to action from any Facilitator or Principal, the student will be removed from the trip.
Important Notes. If a student is removed from the trip (or chooses not to travel) a full refund of monies paid will be reimbursed before April 1st, 2023. After April 1st, 2023, unfortunately, NO monies paid will be reimbursed (including fundraised money if applicable) if a student is removed from the trip. Please consider this carefully before allowing student to travel!
You will have the opportunity to purchase Travel Insurance (at additional cost)
Procedures for trip:
- The permission slip will reserve a space for your child.
- A maximum of 45 students will be allowed to travel on this trip.
- In the event that more than 45 students return a permission slip, initial travelers will be chosen at random via lottery. When the initial 45 students are chosen, all additional students will be placed on a waiting list in the event a spot does become available during the year.
A $100 deposit will be required within 5 days of student acceptance. Information will be provided to students accepted and guardians for payment.
Cost for EACH Student based on 45 paid students on tour:
$655.00 Quad (four students in room) Occupancy per person based on 45 paid passengers on tour
$682.00 Triple (three students in room) Occupancy per person based on 45 paid passengers on tour
$737.00 Double (two students in room) Occupancy per person based on 45 paid passengers on tour
$902.00 Single Occupancy per person based on 45 paid passengers on tour
(If 4 students decide to share a room (Quad), each student will be responsible for paying $655.00 etc…)
There will be fundraising opportunities along the way to help offset the cost of the trip for those who participate (all monies fundraised will be applied directly to trip costs).
For students who were chosen in the lottery:
RESERVATIONS / PAYMENT
A non-refundable deposit of $100 per person is required by 10/14/2022 to reserve a space.
Non-refundable installments are due per the following schedule:
November 23rd, 2022 $108 per person
December 23rd, 2022 $108 per person
January 23rd, 2023 $108 per person
February 23rd, 2023 $108 per person
March 23rd, 2023 Final Balance
Information for making payments will be provided to you after acceptance.
- Deluxe Motor coach Transportation
- 2 Nights Lodging
- 2 Breakfasts
- 2 Dinners, 1 Lobster/variety, 1 Pizza
- No lunches are included in the trip. Students will have the opportunity to buy their own lunch each day.
- Admission to Boston Museum of Science
- Duck tour of Boston including Freedom Trail
- Admission to Wolf Conservation Center
- Cape Cod Museum of Natural History Salt Marsh experience
- Admission to Mystic Aquarium
- Tour of Cape Cod National Seashore
- 4 hour Whale watch Cruise
- All Room Taxes and Meal Taxes
- Gratuities for the bus driver
- Gratuities for the tour manager
- Security at the hotel so group chaperones can sleep easily at night.
* Itinerary subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances
*** There will be a MANDATORY meeting for parents and students in October and May ***
The date and time will be forthcoming.
Mr. Conover White and The Cape Cod Crew
732-229-5533 ext. 42145 email: firstname.lastname@example.org