English Language Arts (Grades K-5)
Students with access to internet will complete phonics and reading activities on Treasures Digital
Students with access to internet will complete phonics activities on Treasures Digital
Each day students will complete one word building, one sorting, and one fluency activity.
Students with access to the internet will access titles from a digital library (Available in Spanish and English).
Each day students will read for 30 minutes and complete:
Scholastic Classroom and News Magazines:
Keep the learning going with these special cross-curricular journeys. Every day includes four separate learning experiences, each built around a thrilling, meaningful story or video. Kids can do them on their own, with their families, or with their teachers. Just find your grade level.
One lesson daily as prescribed by the homeroom teacher. Grade level assignments that correspond with ELA Anchor standards will be inclusive of reading and writing with assignments that support comprehension and critical thinking. Rubrics and directions will be provided to guide students in their work. Reading connections will be made to both science and social studies. http://peekapack.com/
- Lack of Internet: hard copies of student literature and literacy based practice pages will be sent home to any students in need.
- Little libraries in front of each Elementary school will contain additional texts providing all students with an opportunity to swap a book.
- Each day students will:
Bilingual and ESL students with lack of Internet, hard copies will be sent home to any students in need.
- Special Education Students will read for 30 minutes using:
- https://www.bookshare.org/cms/ Online reading resource for students with dyslexia, blindness, cerebral palsy and other reading barriers. Students will select one ebook title in audio, audio + highlighted text, braille, large font, and other formats.
- Complete one page from the Approaching Learner practice book Treasures Practice Books (Grades 1-5)
- Each day students will participate in one word building, one sorting, and one fluency activity/game.
Online ELA Resources
- SeeSaw- recording of classroom lessons to share
- Mystery Science (science- ngss aligned) https://mysteryscience.com/
- Phonics Videos and games for Grades K-6
Reading (read alouds and independent reading):
- Harry Potter Reading Club http://hpread.scholastic.com/
- Reading Comprehension http://www.readworks.org/lessons/comprehension/3