Reading and Writing
Treasures is a research based, comprehensive Reading Language Arts program for grades K-6 that gives educators the resources they need to help all students succeed. High quality literature coupled with explicit instruction and ample practice ensures that students grow as life-long readers and writers.
To find out more information go to...http://www.macmillanmh.com/reading/
Students, here are some tips to help you with your reading…
1. Pick a quiet place where you won’t be distracted, so you can really enjoy reading.
2. Be a detective and use your reading strategies. If you read something that doesn’t make sense, stop and use your clarifying strategies.
3. Try to bring a book with you wherever you go. You never know when you’ll have some extra time to read!
4. Read aloud to a friend or family member.
Parents/Guardians, checkout the U.S. Department of Education website for resources on how to help your child in reading.
Students, try some of these tips to help you become a better writer…
1. Read more!The more your read, the more you see different ways to write, which can help you when you are writing.
2. Write down anything and everything!When you go to the supermarket, write about all the different things you see, hear, smell, or feel.
3. Write about things that have really happened to you!Write all about the morning before the first day of school. How did you get ready? What were you feeling? Who were you with?
4. Keep a journal where you can write everything down and bring everywhere you go!Imagine your are Greg from Diaryof a Wimpy Kid!Parents/Guardians, take a look at this website for suggestions on how to inspire your child to become a better writer… Inspire Writing.