Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: What type of information do we collect about students?
- A: When students are registered with Long Branch Public Schools, parents fill out a registration packet including but not limited to the following items:
- Names (first, middle, last)
- Birth Date and Place,
- Economic status
- Parent/Guardian contact and relationship information
- Q: Do we have an inventory?
- A: Yes! Here is a "live" list of systems and sites that we use that may store various amounts and types of student data.
- Q: Why are we collecting this information?
- A: Data collected on our students is used to help provide the proper education and services to our students. The most common use of personal student data is to ensure that all groups of students are making progress towards standard mastery and achievements. We do not sell nor provide information to third parties for financial benefits.
- Q: How is the information protected?
- A: Most personal student data remains local. Data that are kept by staff members within Google Workspace are goverened by Board of Education policy. Staff are forbidden from sharing sensitive or private student information with unauthorized persons unless previous written permission from parents has been obtained. Beyond policy, our technology department maintains physical control over many data and network systems. Please see our Data Security page for more information.
- Q: Do we share any personal information with third parties?
- A: Personal student data is kept primarily on site with the following exceptions: LinkIt! and Google Workspace. LinkIt! is our data wearhouse while Google Workspace is our primary productivity and learning management provider. See above regarding the policy protection of private student data.