Long Branch Public Schools will host the second annual Green Wave Film Fest Thursday, April 21, 2016. The event will be held at Long Branch High School’s Borelli Auditorium to announce the winners. This contest is open to any student currently enrolled at Long Branch Public Schools. The age categories are as followed:
· Elementary: K-5th Grade
· Middle: 6th – 8th Grade
· High School: 9th - 12th Grade
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES: Entries for The Green Wave Film Fest (the “Contest”) must be submitted by March 25, 2016.
ELIGIBILITY: The contest is open to any students who are currently enrolled within the Long Branch Public Schools system. Entrants must submit entries as required on the entry form via google forms. Entries received after the deadline set forth in these terms are ineligible, null, and void.
CATEGORIES: Below are the categories that students may choose for entry into this contest.
1. Drama - Narrative films under 8 minutes.
2. Comedy - Comedic films under 8 minutes.
3. Documentary - Documentary films under 10 minutes.
4. Animation - Any form of animation under 8 minutes.
5. Music Video - Music Video under 5 minutes.
a. Can be original or released song. Any material that has a copyright, must be credited at the end of your film.
6. PSA - Public Service Announcements must be 3 minutes or less.
7. “School Spirit” – Which school can show the most school spirit? How are you part of the Green Wave?!
SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES & DISQUALIFICATION:
· In the case that there is less than two entries for a specific category, the award will not be given for that category. The entrant will be notified and will have the option to place their film in a different category if applicable.
· All films must include a credits screen. On that screen the filmmaker(s) are required to credit any unoriginal material used in the creation of the film. If this is not done it is cause for immediate disqualification.
· Any material that is deemed inappropriate by the Festival Board is immediately disqualified. This includes, but is not limited to foul language in music or inappropriate images or video clips.
HOW TO ENTER:
THE FILM: Create a film of eight (8) minutes or less in length (unless another length limit is specified for the category above).
THE ENTRY: To submit your film you will be required to provide your first and last name; school; email address(parent or teachers may submit on behalf of their child/student); and Film URL(once loaded to YouTube). The form must be completed online using the google forms link.
SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS:
Winners will be announced on April 21, 2016 at the awards show.