RATIOS AND PROPORTIONS
You will apply ratios andproportions to help you convert a recipe to serve more people.
Youhave found your favorite recipe for a dessert or appetizer and want to bring itto the class party. The problem is your recipeonly serves 8 people. Use proportions toincrease the recipe to serve 30 people. Make 1 serving per person.
For this project you will need to:
- Choose one recipe from the internet, cookbook or home.
- The recipe must have at least 8 ingredients.
- Use proportions to increase the recipe to serve 30 people (1 serving per person).
- Create a poster board that includes the following: (Use attached table to assist you)
· Original Recipe
· Ratio for one serving,
(i.e. if therecipe uses 1 cup of sugar, and the recipe serves 8, the ratio for one servingequals 1/8 c. sugar).
· Proportion used to increase recipe to 30servings. 1/8 servings=x/30 servings
· Show the work to solve proportion.
· Round your measurements to the nearest half (i.e. 3.222 teaspoons, roundsto 3 teaspoons, 3.666 teaspoons rounds to 3 ½ teaspoons).
· Scaled Recipe– Ingredient and new amount neededfor 30 servings.
· Explain the math you used to solve this problem. Your strategies!
· Directions how to make the recipe.
· Be creative! Use drawings, pictures, etc. to demonstrate your knowledge of ratios andproportions.
- Review attached rubric for grading!
- Extra credit: Make the new recipe for the class!