Welcome to Senior Math!
The students will demonstrate how to:
- calculate weekly gross wages involving regular pay, overtime pay, and piecework earnings
- calculate earnings for straight commission, or base wage plus commission
- determine the difference between gross pay and net pay calculate weekly, monthly, and yearly net pay
- define and explain the purpose of a budget determine and calculate monthly fixed expenditures
- investigate the guidelines in developing a budget
- plan a budget based on percentages allotted to various categories as suggested by financial institutions
- calculate the portion of total income spent on each category using percents
- draw graphs (including circle graphs) of budget figures using appropriate software
- calculate the actual amount of money to be spent on each category using predetermined percentages
- adjust a budget to changes in expenses.