Hello and Welcome to the School Nurse page for Lenna W. Conrow
My name is Melissa Osofsky and I am the School Nurse here at Lenna W. Conrow (LWC). I have been caring for the students at LWC since September, 2016. I received a masters degree in nursing at Monmouth University and School Nurse Certification from Rutgers University.
This year has definitely been a challenge for everyone. Our goal is to finish this year strong and healthy. Please see the 10 reasons why a student should not attend school so we can achieve this goal. If you have any questions or concerns, please call me. I am always happy to help.
I can be reached any time during the school day with questions or concerns. Please call (732) 222-4539 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Melissa Osofsky, RN, CSN, MSN
Ten reasons why a child should not attend school:
1. Child has vomited or had diarrhea twice within 24 hours
2. Child has a fever above 100.6 degrees Farenheit. (They should be fever free without medication for 24 hours)
3. Child has not slept well because of coughing or congestion
4. Any discharge from the eyes
5. A moist cough that is producing green mucous
6. Any spreading or undiagnosed skin rash
7. Any draining skin lesion
8. Any case of strep throat that has not been treated for at least 24 hours with antibiotics
9. Any other communicable illness that has not been cleared by a physician
10. Any musculoskeletal injury that has not been evaluated by a physician
Please alert me if your child has any of the above so that I can track the current health status of the school population.