Instructor: Mrs. Allyssa Lompado
Course: Geometry Honors
SAP: Monday & Thursday
Extra-Help: Before & After School, Lunch, Prep… Anytime, just ask!!
How to Pass Geometry Honors:
- Put in the effort.
- DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!
- Come to me for extra help.
- Clue me in!! I’m not a mind-reader!! Let me know what’s going on…
- Pay attention & participate during class.
- Try your best!!
- A 3-ring binder!! Class notes & activities are provided via a worksheet packet
- You will be assigned a calculator, a Chrome-book, and a textbook. USE ONLY YOURS!!
LBHS Universal Grading Policy:
Percentage of Grade
Unit Exams, Quizzes, Performance Assessment Tasks (PATs) & Projects
Do Now, Exit Ticket, Homework, Classwork, & Participation
Standards and Expectations:
- Yourself, Me, Others, LBHS & This Classroom. End of Story.
- Zero tolerance for bullying.
- Come to class on time, prepared, & in your uniform, with a positive attitude.
- Leave whatever-else is going on at the door.
- Clue me in... Let me know if you’re upset, don’t feel well, etc.
*Group & Partner Work is conducted on a REGULAR basis. Students are expected to participate and communicate collaboratively within their groups. Your participation is essential and non-negotiable.**
- 25 points – 15 points for completing it, 10 points of accuracy checks.
- Homework WILL be accepted late…
- You may complete homework late for ½ credit. However, it must be turned in BEFORE the end of that chapter.
- Approximately 2 per Unit. Graded out of 50 points.
- Unit Exams
- 1 per unit; cumulative of that unit’s topics; 100 points. There are no “2nd attempts”.
- Performance Assessment Tasks
- Mini-Summative Assessment - Graded on a 3-point scale; 10 points.
- Do Now & Exit Ticket
- Do Now: Introduction to new concept and/or review of an old concept; get your mind thinking and focused for class.
- Exit Ticket: Summarizing the day’s concept and skills; check for your understanding.
- You will receive ONE “Freebie Pass” per every 5 SAPs attended.
- This can be used as (1) 5 extra points on ANY summative assessment (except PATs) or (2) a “Delayed” Homework pass, meaning you will receive FULL credit for completing an assignment late
- As long as you abide by the LBHS Rules & it is not a distraction to others, I am OK with it!
- Head Phones & Music
- Allowed during independent practice/starting HWMK My. Discretion.!!!!
- Must be at a REASONABLE volume… I should NOT be able to sing along to your song.
- Phone – Texting, Talking, Snapchatting, Instagraming, Tweeting……………..
- Should be kept away until class (including that night’s homework) is completed.
- CONSEQUENCES: If you use it, I will simply ask you to put it away. If you use it again, I will take it and put it on my desk until class is over.
- Remind 101 – MANDATORY!
- Inform you of upcoming important events
- Remind you to complete homework assignments & projects that are due
- Encourage you to study & prepare for quizzes & exams
Mrs. Lompado’s Pet-Peeves:
- A Messy Classroom.
- Put calculators/Chrome-books away; Push your chairs in; Throw away your Dunkin Donuts!
- Put your calculator & Chrome-book back in the correct spot!!!
- The calculator bin and Chrome-book cart is LABELED for a reason!!!!
- Cutting class.
- You will be written-up every.single.time.
- Lining-Up at the door.
- Don’t do it.
- Repeating myself.
- Listen when I’m making an announcement/talking! Use the restroom AFTER instruction.