WELCOME TO PRESCHOOL!
Welcome to the 4 year old preschool program at Lenna W. Conrow School. We are excited about our curriculum called, "Tools of the Mind."
Our third theme of the year will be "Restaurant.”
Welcome to Preschool! This school year is off to a wonderful start. This is the year for our youngest learners to shine brightly in our class. It will be a year of amazing growth. As the year begins, there are many new things that we will learn and new friends that we will meet. During the month of November we will be discussing Restaurant and the many components associated with Restaurant. This will include various classroom activities. There are many exciting themes throughout the year that we will be focusing on, including our third theme, Restaurant. During this theme, we will be exploring the different centers within our classroom including; the Sit-Down Restaurant, McDonalds, the Candy Store, the Cafeteria, the Book Store Cafe and the Pizza Shop. Along with the exploration of our various classroom centers, we will continue to build on our friendship skills as the children become acquainted with new and existing friends and staff. Please refer to your "Tools of the Mind Connections" paper every evening so that you can discuss your child's day with him or her.
Important Dates To Remember:NJEA Convention(School Closed)-Thursday, November 9, 2017-Friday, November 10, 2017Parent Teacher Conferences-November 13-17, 2017 Shortened Day Dismissal @1:20pmThanksgiving Recess(School Closed)-Thursday, November 23, 2017-Friday, November 24, 2017
Some Reminders For The School Year:
1. Please send your child's folder and backpack every day to school.
2. Make sure you child has a uniform change of clothes to keep at school as well as diapers, pull-ups and wipes as needed.
3. Please make sure your child's name and room #19 is labeled on everything belonging to your child.
4. Please send in a healthy snack and drink for your child everyday. We have many duplicate backpacks, coats, lunch boxes, etc.
5. You may send in a small blanket for your child to use during rest time. Blankets are sent home each Friday to be returned on the following Monday.
6. Please check the website for updates on our themes and important dates.
7. If your child's dismissal is changed for any reason, please make sure to send in a note in their folder that day. Also, if someone is picking up your child that is not on the emergency card, I will need their name and that individual will be required to show ID at pick up. Please call the school if you have an emergency and need to pick up your child early.
Communication is the key to your child's success and to a great parent/teacher relationship. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me at (732)222-4539 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you, Ms. Douglas